RE: (erielack) Barclay Street ferry landing location

Don Kern pointed out:

> Speaking of the NYW Ferrys  here is thier website...
> http://www.nywaterway.com/index.html
> In Addition to the rebuilding of the Lackawanna Ferry Slips
> they will
> be doing other Ferry Terminals as well

I'm very happy to see NY Waterway putting up new ferry terminals (including the soon-to-be-reactivated DL&W Hoboken ferry slips and the "Port Imperial" terminal, located on the site of the former NYC West Shore terminal and ferries). But am I the only one who laments the "modernization" of everything? I know it's an inevitability, and we need to progress forward, but I sure miss the "romanticism" of the equipment of yesteryear. Today you take high-speed, small and relatively lightweight ferries that zip back and forth across the Hudson. In the "good old days," you'd take a large railroad ferry (which could also carry automobile traffic to a limited degree) in a big, beautifully appointed interior. <sigh>

Same goes for RR equipment proper. I miss the old green MU's and wicker chairs!