Re: (erielack) Volunteering at Steamtown

One note on all this.  Phil contacted me in advance and I was able to get
him into a project that he was interested in.  I have a number of different
projects that can be worked on with minimal supervision for the Erie and
DL&W (in the future we have a Lehigh Valley archive that will need to be
worked on).  If you show up at Steamtown offering your services without
advance notice, I might not be able to help.

Also, I only handle volunteers working on the park's archives, library and
museum collection.  We have quite a few more who assist with the trains, as
well as assisting the rangers that give tours.

Volunteer assistance in processing the archives at Steamtown helps make
this information available to all researchers.  Until I know what is in the
box, have it refoldered with basic conservation treatment, and data entered
on the computer, the information is inaccessible to everyone.

Pat McKnight
Historian/Archivist/Librarian
Steamtown NHS

                      Neil Weinberg
                      <laurellines_@_gmail.        To:       Schuyler Larrabee
                      com>                        <schuyler.larrabee_@_verizon.net>
                      Sent by:                   cc:       Philip Albano <palbano_@_earthlink.net>,
                      erielack-owner_@_list         erielack@lists.elhts.org, (bcc: Pat
                      s.elhts.org                 McKnight/STEA/NPS)
                                                 Subject:  Re: (erielack) Volunteering at Steamtown

                      08/29/2005 11:28 AM
                      AST
                      Please respond to
                      Neil Weinberg

Phil! I took the liberty to reprint your comments in the September issue of

Laurel Lines. I'm the editor. Neil Weinberg