Re: (erielack) Re: (erielackOT Re: Alleged Amtrak Police Misconduct

Why should we end this discussion on this list? If indeed these events took
place as have been stated, we have a responsibility to make sure that these
things don't happen again, as we know they will if we keep our mouths shut and
accept what is not correct.

If what he states in accurate, that there were no signs stating "No
trespassing," then he was in his right to photograph.

We have to remember something very simple here. While we are free people and
know that the environment in which we live has changed (and I ought to know as
I live on this island that was bombed on 9/11 and will never forget what I
saw that day), we must keep things in perspective.

If what he says it true, then it's up to him to take all of them to task via
the legal system, both criminally and civilly.

And it's up to us to keep this line open. For you and any others to attempt
to silence someone's experience is nothing more than un-American.

If what was stated is true, it goes beyond being EL-related. It affects
everyone who likes to persue our hobby.

Bob, I'm sure if anything like this happened to you, you'd want to share it
with the rest of us as we'd all expect you to do.

Now for those in New Orleans who detained him as he said they did, well they
have a hurricane coming. Hopefully they'll realize that they're not that
powerful after all. Let's hope they get through the hurricane safe and sound and
learn something.

Rick Sedlisky