(erielack) Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley question

I justed picked up an interesting book done for the Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley in 1931, apparently in an effort to make the line available for merger.  This book has some interesting maps in it.  I noticed that the L&WV had a line that diverged from the main just south of the South Scranton tunnel, heading over to the Erie at Dunmore.  There is also a line from Dunmore to Scranton forming a triangle.  Did these lines exist?  I thought there was only the Scranton-Wilkes Barre line.  Was there passenger service on these lines?

Tim