(erielack) RE: Blairstown

From: Dlw1el2_@_aol.com
Subject: Re: (erielack) Blairstown

Bob Bahrs wrote:
    "There was an ordinary referred to as the Paterson Man, that delivered
and picked up at Paterson. Not sure if he always would cut off at
Ridgewood and go back down to Paterson, or if he would have come up the Main
Line side?"
Bob and all,
   I recall one afternoon KW talking to the "Paterson Man" on the radio about operating up the "DL&W side" (Old Main). They were busy confirming there were no restricted cars in his train. This was in the early Conrail era, late 70's I guess. This gave me plenty of lead time and I thought it would be neat to see a large freight operating on the former Lackawanna Railroad Boonton Line. so I took a ride to Delawanna and sure enough a large westbound freight lead by a RDG GP-35 rolled through Passaic and Clifton. I don't think this was the prefered route, but it was fun when it happened!
  Now along with Kingsland Tunnel and the Old and New Loop, you also a really sharp curve near Paterson Yard just east of XW that must have been a real challange for these moves Thank goodness for trackage like this, it gives us modelers lots of prototype license!  :)
Todd ~