Re: (erielack) Cross over letters

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, John Roskoski wrote:

> Does anyone have an answer to why I am getting letters sent to my e mail
> address after they are posted on the EL site.  It's kind of a pain to have
> to deleat all this unwanted mail.  Help me........
>
> Thanks for your help!  John Roskoski

As I explanied at some time over the past week or so, if members REPLY TO ALL
then the poster of the message to which they are replying gets a second copy
because the email is addressed both to the list and to them personally.

As a matter of habit I remove all addresses except the list address when
replying to list mail.

Henry