(erielack) UPS Trailers on EL

It depends on your preference, of course, but either trailer (UPS or RI)
would be correct
for the time period. By the mid-70's a lot of trailers were "free runners",
roaming the rail network and earning per diem for their owners and lessors.
Vermont Ry had a large fleet. Because of service demands, UPS trailers rode
EL's pure TOFC trains, especially 2-NY-100, ACX-99 and CX-99. So your UPS
trailer would look most correct on a piggyback train. Parenthetically, their
parcels were often loaded in regular non-UPS trailers, especially during the
busy fall merchandise buildup.
Athearn recently re-released the former RPP UPS trailer in rtr with the red
trim which is appropriate for 1974-76. The 2-pack is #91129; if you can get
hold of one of these it'll save you some work.

Paul B

> Paul Brezicki and others. I am asking because when I went to
> the LHS I found one of the Rail Power prod. old Parcel
> trailer kits. I think that A UPS trailer would look better
> than The Rock Island trailer.
> Mike Dickinson
> ELHS#837 ELHTS#80

Mike,

The Rail Power Products "parcel trailer" *IS* the Athearn 40' UPS
trailer. I have seen shots of these trailers on Athearn-style cars, so I
think you can get away with this.

- - Paul