Fw: (erielack) pecking order/members ages

58 last month...rode the DLW & EL up to Sussex Branch terminus (Branchville)
behind RS-3's (I think RS's of some sort at any rate) and GP-7's.   Have
ridden behind steam on the Blue Mountain & Reading, Black River & Western,
Strasbourg RR (sp?).  Old enuf to have ridden behind PRR GG-1's and one of
the 3 still operating BL-2's (ex B&A) on the Stourbridge Line.
    I can remember as a youngun (5-7 yrs old 1952-54) a mix of steam and
diesels at the Long Island RR's Jamaica Yard and engine service
facilitites...was really neat on cold winter nights seein all that steam &
smoke and stuff..........

    Now Im gonna lose my newly beloved KCS as well...the branch here is
being leased starting 10/9 or so to Watco and will be serviced by the
Southern Arkansas RR and not KCS any longer altho still owned by them    ah
well mebbe see somw new color schemes..... remember the L&NE, L&HR, DL&W, EL
and they're all gone...guess the KCS be gobbled up too by UP or BNSF soon
too....hope not...she may be the smallest Class 1 but she still independent
for now!!

Bear in Nashville Arkansas formerly of Branchville, Sussex County NJ