Re: (erielack) pecking order/members ages

Tim,

Do you know if there's any truth to the Cut-Off legend that spikes were
mysteriously replaced overnight after the crews had removed them the
previous day?

Chuck

                      Tim
                      <njmidland_@_peoplepc
                      .com>               To:     erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
                      Sent by:            cc:
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 Re: (erielack) pecking order/members ages

                      08/23/2005 11:14 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Tim

43.  When I was little, we lived in New Milford, a block in from the
Hackensack River.  I could watch the NJ&NY commuter trains across the way,
especially in winter.  We would go shopping in Hackensack.  I remember my
parents picking stuff up from the REA on the NYS&W.  In fact, I remember
seeing silver RS1s on the Susquehanna pulling freight trains across Main
Street.

We moved to Blairstown.  Our house was one hill south of the Cutoff.  We
rode the Lake Cities once in 1969 before the end from Blairstown to Hoboken
and back.  I would like to believe we ate on 741 and rode in coach 1318 (we
didn't take pictures that day).

I worked for Conrail in 1984.  Managed to be on the Cutoff scrap train just
east of the Paulins Kill Viaduct that summer.  I hope a get to see the rail
train putting it back, not to mention seeing 741, 1318, 470, etc. roll over
it.

Tim