Re: (erielack) pecking order/members ages

60.  The only recollection of Erie steam would be from car trips into New
York City between 1951 and 1955.  In days before the NJ Tpke and GS Pkwy,
driving from the Jersey Shore was done on the "old roads" like NJ 35/36, US
1/9, and the Pulaski Skyway to the Holland Tunnel.  Though you couldn't get
a view into the Bergen Cut, smoke could be seen. The reward came after
emerging from the arches and seeing those engine chugging up the grade to
the arches on the viaduct.

More of my recollections of steam in service are from the NY&LB where I was
able to ride to NYC on steam powered trains, at least to South Amboy.

And of course, those Cub Scout trips from the Jersey Shore to the CNJ shops
in E'port. Unfortunately, the steam engines in the shops were being cut up
for scrap. Sad that only one camelback survives.

Regards,
Hank