Re: (erielack) pecking order/members ages - Early age EL ride

I'm 47.  My mother tells me it was the Phoebe Snow I rode when I was 5 from
Olean to Wellsville, NY (my hometown).  1963.  I remember the trip.  Yeah,
I'm pretty sure my mom got the train name wrong.  But "Phoebe Snow" is a
memorable name.

A month or so later, our parents and (then) 6 children rode to California,
of course, starting out in the wee hours at Wellsville, taking the EL to
Chicago.  Although it was September, the steam heat was on and made the
coaches hot.  I rode on the right side (north window) of the train.  I have
a memory of what looked like blue and silver F/E/PA units in somthing that
reminded me of Santa Fe paint, probably west of Jamestown, because it was
was not yet dawn.  There was a manicured lawn between us and the units.  I
wonder if they could have been NKP locos, and was there a likely place, like
a station, where the two lines had a lawn in between them?  (And was there a
flagpole, too?)

Mike Nickerson
After returning to Wellsville, moved west in 1968, to central California