RE: (erielack) pecking order/members ages

30 years old, have lived (on and off) in Park Ridge, NJ, home of the
historic 1871 station.  Around long enough to have seen the restoration of
this station from neglect to the historic showpiece that it is today.

Late 70's, remember meeting my father after work, coming home on the NJDOT
trains pulled by U34CH's with coaches featuring the EL diamond by the rear
window, though I don't remember any true Erie Lackawanna action in town.
Rode the train for the first time, probably December 1979, on the way to my
father's office Christmas party.  It was a big deal because I got to do what
he did every morning.  I remember the day was cloudy and everything just
seemed so BIG.  Hoboken Terminal was in a bad period, as I remember, nothing
like the gem that it, too, is today.  And riding the PATH train (back when
they had cars named for towns, more common then) to the World Trade Center
(which looked even BIGGER to me riding up the Concourse escalator!).  OT,
but did you know that part of the Concourse still stands intact, with the
old signs, brown tile, etc, at the end of the E Train station?  Hope they
preserve it.

I saw the Lackawanna MU's in action around the Hoboken Terminal, in their
twilight days.  I also remember a few lines of them sitting decommissioned
on  a siding in Hoboken, waiting to be sold. That also reminds me, what
happened to the NJT passenger cars that were sitting in Boonton a few yeras
ago?  Heard they moved, but that's all I remember.

And for some reason, I always loved trains and still do.