From: erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org
[mailto:erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org] On Behalf Of ELRRB65@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:40 PM
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Subject: (erielack) EL stands for ERIE LACKAMONEY

EL stands for ERIE LACKAMONEY plain and simple and I for one am happy
about
it!! THANK GOD! ugly railroad, and just a sorry excuse for a railroad!

Ever seen a Penn Central sander? That's when a PC fireman has to walk in

front of an engine with a bucket of sand because the sanders on the
engine
don't
work! It happened in Youngstown, Oh. Now talk about a sorry excuse for a

railroad. That's it!

EL was 10 times better at running their business than PC could ever hope
be.

I had relatives that worked at the Scranton fuel track when Conrail
first
took over. I was there one day when a PC unit came into the fuel track
with
almost no lube oil in its crankcase. The EL guys said if that is the way
PC takes
care of there power, "if it came in with no lube oil, it will go out the
same
way."