Re: (erielack) D,L &W COACHES 3518 & 3572 DL&W MU CARS in Florida

I rode this line, about 5 years ago and although it is a very small
operation as yet, with limited resources, they are very professional in
their operations, were very helpful and went WAY above call of duty when I
told the car attendant I was a railfan shooting video, Even though it was a
rainy day, I got a tour of the entire train able to shoot all car interiors,
was allowed in the cab of GP7L outbound and in cupola of caboose inbound.
All for the all inclusive price of 1 ticket (ok I might have promised the
young conductor a copy of the video. ) I sent him a copy and rue to a
Southern Gentleman's Code I was surprised this young man took the time to
write to thank me for the video, saying he never dreamed I REALLY send one.
and saying how he showed it to the membership, and if I ever got back down
they were thinking of doing a 30minute or 60 minute one for the museum to
sell in the gift shop.  I not being equipped for all that, explained I would
shoot the footage for them, but they would be on there own for duplicating,
editing etc.

I was impressed with the operation as a safe , and clean operation, and with
a can get the job done spirit they can really grow if they can attract
members and funding.  It's not fair from Tampa or Sarasota, anyone traveling
the west side of Florida it's a MUST stop for rail fans.  And unlike some
places, rail fans are apreciated there.

Bill