RE: (erielack) How many work for a railroad

Tim,

I agree about getting knowledge while former employees are still around. I
very rarely write to this list since I do like to gather from other people's
experiences. My late father worked for the Erie and then EL for 37 years
before retiring in 1974. He probably worked longer than many emplyees who
are on the list and during a time which we wish we knew more about. I only
wish I got more info on the railroad before he passed on in 1981. I wish I
had more pics of the RR during his years of working with the RR's, but I
don't, I have to rely on what comes across on the list and what my mom can
tell me. And she is 84 and may not be around much longer. Hearing everyon's
positive contributions helps me not only fortify the knowledge I have that I
didn't get from my dad, but it helps me keep him alive in my mind and the RR
he worked for. No one is better than anyone else, but that';s not what the
list is about or what is happening. For the most part I enjoy everyone's
comments and will stay on the sidelines as I build my knowledge to pass on
to my sons since they never knew their grandfather. Thanks for letting me
contribute.

Fred Stratton
Clearwater, Florida
http;//erierr.railfan.net