Re: Fwd: (erielack) Re: How many work for a railroad?

	From my experience with student engineers who are railfans, a
significant number can't or don't separate fantasy from reality. They
almost usually wind up in trouble. They are generally disliked by their
crews because they usually won't listen to advice.

	They think that running real trains is like running model trains, and
their train handling reflects this.

	Bill

TrainGG1_@_aol.com wrote:

> Joshia is correct, the question was a curiosity, not meant as a p--ing
> match. Having been in the rail industry for thirty-two years I have always
> wondered why management often looks down upon employees who are fans. (One  manager
> at Metra refers to fans as "FRNs" (that is F[reaking] Rail Nuts)). This
> attitude has always surprised me.

				snip
> Bill

- --
Be a Locomotive Engineer:
Its the most fun you can have with 3000 HP