RE: (erielack) RR Employment / EL passenger cars

It was my understanding that somewhere in the mid 1960s the Erie 10/6 sleepers with Erie President names were sold to CN.  These cars had an interior design that was more favorable than the Lackawanna 10/6's and probably borught a better sale price for the EL.

Ed Montgomery

________________________________

From: erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org on behalf of Tim
Sent: Fri 8/19/2005 4:19 PM
To: Paul Brezicki; EL Mailing List
Subject: Re: (erielack) RR Employment / EL passenger cars

Paul (and all),

I think the only EL cars that got leased up north were some of the ex-DL&W 10-6 sleeping cars.  As for what is around today, I believe that ELDCPS has the largest "fleet" of ex-EL passenger cars today (counting John Boehner's coach 1318).

We haven't done this in a while, but perhaps list members could post what long distance passenger cars they know still exist.

Tim Stuy

(I worked in the C&S department at Conrail briefly in the early 1980's).