Re: (erielack) RR Employment (was "caps")

My railroad carreer started in 1965 on the Morris County Central RR tourist
line which operated on the Morristown & Erie RR where I did everything from
flagging grade crossing to running locomotives. My association with the MCCRR
lead to a summer job as a track laborer in 1968 and 1969 while attending college.
Upon graduation in 1970 I returned to the M&E on September 1st for what was
to be a temporary job as track laborer while awaiting the start up of a job
with the New Jersey DOT. Due to budget cuts in the state government that
temporary job became permanent. The departure of three of the M&E's train service
personell two years later found me owning the Head Brakeman's job and filling in
as Extra Engineer. The bankruptcy of the M&ERR on June 6, 1978, and the
relocation of the MCCRR in 1974 to the NYS&W's tracks in Newfoundland eventually lead
to lead to parttime and contract work for the Middletown & New Jersey RR
doing track and bridge repairs and occasionally working in train service. On April
10, 1995, I left the present day Morristown & Erie Railway, Inc., to begin my
present job as Engineer with N J Transit Rail Operations on the Hoboken
Division.

Al Holleuffer