Fwd: (erielack) Re: How many work for a railroad?

Joshia is correct, the question was a curiosity, not meant as a p--ing
match. Having been in the rail industry for thirty-two years I have always
wondered why management often looks down upon employees who are fans. (One  manager
at Metra refers to fans as "FRNs" (that is F[reaking] Rail Nuts)). This
attitude has always surprised me. Certainly GM and Ford do not feel this  way about
their employees. I know a number of airline (and bus) employees  and their
employers do not shown this type of animosity toward them. So why  railfans?

Besides, by knowing who on the list is/was a railroader and knowing where
they worked, perhaps it would help someone who is looking for some  specific
information about a specific location or operation know who  to ask...and is not
the sharing of information on the EL/ERIE/DL&W what  this whole exercise is
all about?

Bill