Re: (erielack) B&SW Operations

That's interesting. So the B&SW crews operated right through the Salamanca crew change?

Paul B
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Smtimko_@_aol.com
  To: doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net ; erielack@lists.railfan.net
  Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 8:40 AM
  Subject: Re: (erielack) B&SW Operations

  I'm certain that Mr. Heckman will respond with details since he worked the line, but from what I remember, their were two sides to the Meadville--Buffalo service.  Once crew was home terminal Buffalo and the other home terminal Meadville.

  One crew left Meadville and operated to Buffalo via one route and after taking rest, returned via the alternate route.  The other crew left Buffalo on one route, rested at Meadville and returned to Buffalo via the alternate route.  That resulted on one Buffalo-Meadville train in each direction on each route--the B&SW as well as the Buffalo Divn., River Line, for instance:

  RC-98 via B&SW, rest, return on BM-9 via River Jct.  Home terminal Meadville.
  BM-7 via B&SW, rest, return on MF-74 via River Jct.  Home terminal Buffalo.

  The trains that ran the B&SW changed from time to time as did the crews on each train.  I don't remember which crew had which runs at a specific time but hopefully Jerry can assist.

  SMT