Re: (erielack) B&SW Operations

I'm certain that Mr. Heckman will respond with details since he worked the
line, but from what I remember, their were two sides to the Meadville--Buffalo
service.  Once crew was home terminal Buffalo and the other home terminal
Meadville.

One crew left Meadville and operated to Buffalo via one route and after
taking rest, returned via the alternate route.  The other crew left Buffalo  on
one route, rested at Meadville and returned to Buffalo via the alternate  route.
 That resulted on one Buffalo-Meadville train in each direction on  each
route--the B&SW as well as the Buffalo Divn., River Line, for  instance:

RC-98 via B&SW, rest, return on BM-9 via River Jct.  Home terminal  Meadville.
BM-7 via B&SW, rest, return on MF-74 via River Jct.  Home terminal  Buffalo.

The trains that ran the B&SW changed from time to time as did the crews  on
each train.  I don't remember which crew had which runs at a specific  time but
hopefully Jerry can assist.

SMT