RE: (erielack) Refinery at Wellsville

List
It is unlikely that there was a refinery along the Genesee River north of
West State Street in Wellsville.  This was the cut line between the Buffalo
& Susquehanna Railway (B&SRy) and the Buffalo & Susquehanna Railroad.  In
the break-up of the B&S system following the 1910 bankruptcy the B&SRy
ultimately became the Wellsville & Buffalo Railroad Corporation which was
opened by scrap speculators and was abandoned in November 1916 and
dismantled shortly thereafter.
      Station Track Sketches of Wellsville showing the B&SRy-B&SRR c. 1910
show no refinery north of State Street.
M J Connor