Re: (erielack) Re: How many work for a railroad?

>Bill
       I worked for the Buffalo Creek (jointly owned by the EL and LV) in
1964 between Freshman and Sophomore years at college.
       I worked for the Erie Lackawanna, principally at Binghamton as a
Clerk or Operator, in 1965, 1966, and early 1967, between semesters and on
holiday breaks.
       I went over to the NYC in May 67, taking a leave Oct 67-Oct 69 to
serve in the U S Army (Military Railway Service).
       I have stayed active in railroading (PC, CR, CVAR, CC&P) and am today
with the Ohio Central which is pleased to operate a portion of the former EL
in the Youngstown-Warren-Leavittsburg- Ravenna area.
       Like any other list members I also have a family connection with the
EL.  I was the fourth generation to serve the EL or Erie predecessors) in my
family.  Certainly makes the sad and unnecessary fate of this railroad very
difficult to accept.
M J Connor