Re: (erielack) WAG convention (off topic)

In a message dated 8/17/2005 7:05:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
crthurner_@_yahoo.com writes:

Listers:

I've been away for a few days and remembered that  the
WAG convention was held in Galeton PA over the
weekend.  I  couldn't attend, but was curious if anyone
on the list attended all or part  of it, and if they
could share their experiences and observations on  the
programs and presenters?

As this is off topic, pls.  contact me off-list at
crthurner_@_yahoo.com, unless there is Erie / EL  content
involved (as the WAG interchanged with the Erie / EL
primarily  at Wellsville).

Regards,
Chris

Chris
I attended, and can honestly say it was one, if not the best conventions I
ever attended.  Just
GREAT.   Excellent entertainment, and a great learning  experience.  They had
it all covered from B&O steam, to the  Fords, to the F7s, to the rip trains,
and last but not least scenes of  how many of the locations look today.

The tiny WAG drew close to 100 in attendance.   Michael Holdridge  did a
GREAT job, in organizing and running the Convention.  My parting  comment to him
Sunday, was how are you ever going to top this. Need I say more?
Congratulations Mike! I hope you get to read this, and share it with your  helpers, and
presenters.

For list content: Saw many shots of the WAG in Wellsville yard, with either
an Erie GP 7 on the local freight, or a through line passenger train going by.
 Met one former Lackawanna, and one former EL employee whom worked out  of
Buffalo, and Hornell respectfully.  Always a treat as the years go  by.

Appreciation for old experiences, can sometimes be brought out by  viewing
visual memories. It had been 32 years since I last visited the  WAG.  This past
weekend made me so happy I had done it when I  did and sorry that I hadn't
done more.

Bob Bahrs