(erielack) Ithaca

Listers:

In the recent post about a routing from Vassar College
to Ithaca, I have the following thoughts:

Vassar is located in the Poughkeepsie area.  Obviously
an all DL&W routing is out of the question, due to
geographical considerations at Poughkeepsie and also
that  The Route of Anthracite didn't have passenger
service to Ithaca at the time in question.

Could one have taken the NYC to either Syracuse or
Geneva, then either the LV from Geneva to Ithaca?  or
the DL&W to Cortland and LV from Cortland to Ithaca?
(Although I'm not sure the LV served Cortland?)

Any possible routings via Maybrook / Campbell Hall?
My relatively uneducated guess is no, as I haven't
heard or read of any passenger service through that
area.

My guess is that you would look at the NYC to
Newburgh, (Maybe?) and then the Erie to either Bingo
or Sayre, then LV to Ithaca.

Some food for thought.  I await your responses and
comments.

Regards,

Chris Thurner