RE: (erielack) gasoline

On August 17 Joshua Blay asked: "What about fuel
dealers in individual towns?"

I recall two gas station/auto garage owners in
Cattaraugus, NY who took tank car deliveries by Erie
in the early 1940s.

The larger was Mosher's Garage which took deliveries
at two sites.  One was "uptown" on a siding that also
served the Gray Milling Company.  I've been told that
a tank there suppied the pumps at Mosher's garage.
The other was acoss the fill just beyond the
Leavenworth Street crossing.  A siding there was
dedicated to deliveries to three large above-ground
tanks and a dispensing terminal located down the hill
from the tanks.  I've been told that this facility was
used for Mosher's bulk gasoline sales business.

The other dealer was Avers and Jeffers Garage, which
had a siding just west of the Broadway (highway)
crossing out near Persia.  As I recall, that siding
was not in service long.

Bob Frost  ELHS #980