Re: (erielack) Capitals - OT

Dear List,

An instructor once told me that people better recognize words written in
lower case, tending to recognize the shape of words before they note the
letters in an upper-case word.   He had extensively studied the literature.

It rings true for me.  But, as was pointed out earlier, considerations such
as lighting, etc., can be more important.

(I dropped the capital letters for this next sentence.)
in e-mail, i'd rather read all lower case.

Mike Nickerson
Central California, USA

Charles_Walsh_@_Berlex.com> sent:
Rick,

The avoidance of all caps in e-language is universal as far as I know.  The
good thing about it is that it does allow for using caps for emphasis,
since italics and bold type are often unavailable.  If we use ALL CAPS
there's no good way to emphasis a word of phrase.

Chuck
<snip>

- --
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.