Re: (erielack) Capitals

Rick,

The avoidance of all caps in e-language is universal as far as I know.  The
good thing about it is that it does allow for using caps for emphasis,
since italics and bold type are often unavailable.  If we use ALL CAPS
there's no good way to emphasis a word of phrase.

Chuck

                      Njricky2_@_aol.com
                      Sent by:
                      erielack-owner_@_list To:     Dlw1el2@aol.com
                      s.elhts.org                 erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
                                          cc:
                                          Subject:
                      08/16/2005 11:47 PM         Re: (erielack) Capitals
                      Please respond to
                      Njricky2

In "e-speak" ALL CAPS means that one is shouting. Whoever decided upon that

is beyond me but it is now accepted in e-language. I still USE CAPS when I
want
to make a point and if I'm shouting when making a point, then hey...

But that is the accepted norm in this new language that has become the
universal second language. And no matter in what tongue we e-speak/write,
it's the
same the world over.

Bottom line, who cares?

Rick