Re: (erielack) politeness, was: DAYTON HILL.

In a message dated 8/16/2005 12:18:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
erielack1_@_yahoo.com writes:

All  train orders could only be typed
on a cap only typewriters. That was a  rules requirement.

Bob

I thought so also, but in looking in the EL Book of Rules, October 25,  1964,
it states:

Rule 209.  Operators receiving train orders must write or typewrite  them in
manifold during transmission. If the requisite number of copies can not  be
made at one writing, they must make others from the original copy and repeat  to
the train dispatcher from the new copies each time additional copies are
made.  They must retain a copy of each train order.

The word "Complete", the time and the signature of the operator must be in
his handwriting.

(end)

I don't see where it states that they must be in capital letters.   I'll
concede that trying to read the fifth carbon copy of a train order  typed in small
letters, in elite style type, onboard a moving train at night was  not
conducive to a safe operating environment!

SMT