RE: (erielack) Erie Airslides

Paul, in one of the earlier messages in this thread, someone noted these GACX  they were used in
flour or grain service out of Buffalo, answering a question I'd had for years.  If they were used
for that, they'd NEVER be used for cement or for (GACK!!!!) carbon black.

I am not at all sure of this, but I >>>think<<< that carbon black was predominantly carried in
private owner covered hoppers, Cabot, for instance.  I'd welcome correction, or confirmation.

SGL