(erielack) FW: More Piermont Branch

More questions on the Piermont Branch.  Again, please include
nhlives_@_bestweb.net in your response.

- -----Original Message-----
From: nhlives_@_bestweb.net [mailto:nhlives@bestweb.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 12:27 PM
To: Michael Sheehy
Subject: RE: Piermont Branch

I appreciate the fast response!

I would be greatful if you would post my question to the list.  I doubt it
very much that if I subscribed to the erielack list I'd ever be able to
catch up to how much volume I have seen that list have.  I am barely able
to keep up with the traffic on the lists I moderate!

As for the "active" section between SV and Nanuet, I always think of that
as part of the PVL.  Where does the PVL actually start, where did it branch
off the piermont?

Basically, Woodbine yard (spring valley) was a yard along the Piermont
Branch, and commuter trains starting there went EAST on the piermont before
turning south onto the NY&NJ, is this correc t?

If that is correct, since they re-designed Woodbine yard, what changes has
it undertaken with regard to the piermont, I thought the piermont switch
was at the south (east) end of said yard, closest to the station.

At the Nanuet end, where the NY&NJ (PVL) turns south, is there any remenant
of the Piermont heading east?  I know that ther is no track there to speak
of, but how about the ROW?  I know rockland is chock full of old ROW's.

- --JSW