(erielack) Odd signal

Paul, "233-2" would make it the signal for the EB (#2) track about 3 miles
east of Owego (mp 236.1). I know I've seen at least one other on the S Tier,
possibly at Canisteo. The former Erie main had an impressive assortment of
signal types: round tricolors, vertical tricolors, single targets and
semaphores mounted on masts or cantilevers. If you were modelling it you
could use almost any type and be correct.

Paul B

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-08-11-05

odd-signal.jpg (image/jpeg, 185x493 27926 bytes, BF: 3.27 ppb)

Hi folks,

Was going through some more photos today, and found an EL freight
train passing the signal in the attached image.  The image is somewhere in
New York's Southern Tier, I believe. How many of these
triangle-shaped-indication signal heads did they have? Were these the only
ones? (there's another on the opposite side of the track, facing the other
way)

- - Paul