(erielack) Erie Airslides

Brian, I hate to rain on your parade again, but I believe the GATX airslides
were leased for relatively brief periods by Erie and then EL, so I'm not
sure they carried Erie/EL reporting marks (except in 1:48 scale). They were
used primarily in flour service with traffic originating in Buffalo, and
carrying food and non-food commodities in the same car was generally
discouraged. (This info may be way off base.)

Paul B

On another note: Atlas O is going to release their Airslide covered hopper
in Erie and I was wondering: were these cars ever used in cement service?
Anyone???