(erielack) Freelance Layout Follow Up/Erie Airslide Question

Hello,

Thanks to all the responses I recieved both on and off list regarding my
questions about a freelanced model railroad scenario involving the Sussex
Branch and Old Main of the DL&W...every respondent basically said the same
thing: the L&HR interchange at Andover Jct was far too valuable for the
Lackawanna to part with the Sussex and the Old Main was a good back-up route
for the Cut Off and traffic was still pretty good (coughPBurgercough) so the
layout plan wasn't solid...basically, you said what I didn't want to admit:
I either model the Sussex/Old Main faithfully or create a new line...I'd
like to create a new road, but NW Jersey is already cluttered with the
Lackwanna, Susquehanna, Lehigh & New England, Lehigh & Hudson River...I'm
going to have to ponder this a bit more...

On another note: Atlas O is going to release their Airslide covered hopper
in Erie and I was wondering: were these cars ever used in cement service?
Anyone???

Finally, I still have that Stewart Lackawanna F3 AB set for sale...while I'm
asking $120, I AM flexble...shoot me an offer and we'll talk...I'd really
like to avoid EBay...

Thanks!

Brian LaManna