Re: (erielack) Tower ID Sign Specifications? & STATION INFO

When I worked 4 TRI-RAIL, there was a great station in the city of West Palm
Beach - it was the former Seaboard Air Line RR station, built in the
1920s.......spanish mission style. Amtrak had the use of most of it and as
usual wa hard put to keep up such a building. when tri-rail used the
grounds, amtrak took a dog-in-the-manger attitude and tri-rail had a small
ticket kiosk outside. for a while, there was nowhere for the crews or
passengers to get a snack or drink & finally a local entreprenuer set up a
really nice lunch wagon in the parking lot. After a few months, they ran him
off and rumors began to fly that the main waiting room would be converted
into a nice restaurant. Amtrak moved to the south nd of the station where
tri-rail by now had a small tkt booth. as the years went by, nothing was
done and the huge main waiting room gathered dust & cobwebs as the city & a
local man squabbled over the carcass. When I left 8 years ago, it was still
MT. I hope by now it's resolved, but like the cutoff wrangling, I don't hold
my breath.
Regards,
Walter E. Smith