Re: (erielack) Tower ID Sign Specifications? & STATION INFO

In a message dated 8/10/2005 4:10:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
Dlw1el2_@_aol.com writes:

    NJT is willing to lease it out to a historical group. I looked into it
well over a year ago, however it seems some in Waldwick(politicians) also want
"in" on the restoration efforts.
While its good to have support from the township..look how slowly things
happen. As a member of the Maywood Station Histocial Committee, we learned to
become a separate entity not controlled by the town. We completed the project in
less than 2 years without using a single dime from taxpayers..we're now
restoring a caboose. I would suggest that the tower committee go this route with the
station as NJT does want the building saved/restored.
     I would think the town would really push the station project forward as
they highlight it in many photos and even on the cover of their "Images of
America-Walwick" book.
just my 2 cents
KS
Curt
I know this is slightly off topic form the tower, but as I go by Waldwick
Station year after year, I wonder who actually owns it, and why  NOTHING has
been done to it. Is it still owned by  NJT?  As a unique little station it is
literally rotting in  place. It doesn't seem to have had a drop of paint in
40 +
years, there now  are holes in the roof, and all the for sod is deteriorating
big time. ETC,  ETC ETC.

Could you enlighten?

Thanks
Bob Bahrs