(erielack) EL In Chicago

I have a question that came up recently regarding EL passenger operation out of Dearborn Station in Chicago.  In the final years, trains usually consisted of nothing more than two coaches and a baggage car or two out of that terminal.  But what if there was a sudden need for more cars, or what if one of the cars were bad-ordered?  Did EL keep extra coaches at Dearborn?  Or, did they borrow coaches from somebody else if they needed an extra car or two.  I have to say that I never saw an Erie or EL train with a coach, sleeper, or food-service car from any of the roads that used Dearborn.  So, how was the demand for the extra cars met?  If bad-ordered, where were repairs made?

Ed Montgomery