(erielack) HO DL&W F3 AB for sale/Freelance Layout question

Hello,

I have a brand new, never run Stewart DL&W Phase II F3 A-B set in the
Lackawanna's GMY freight scheme, stock number 5314 that I'd like to part
with...I'm asking $120.00 or best reasonable offer...please mail me off
list...

So this doesn't just feel like a commercial, I also have a valid
Lackawanna-related modelling question: I'm planning an O scale shortline
layout based on the premise that the DL&W abandoned the Old Main west of
Port Morris and the Sussex Branch during the Great Depression and that the
lines were bought by Sussex, Warren and Morris Counties (maybe around 1946?)
and reorginized as a proto-Regional railroad...what I'm wondering is: do you
all think this is a plausible theory/scheme...putting aside your obvious
love of the Lackawanna, do you think that the company might've -- in an
alternate universe -- cast-off some older lines in an effort to streamline
and maintain solvency?  I'm just curious...

Thanks!

Brian LaManna