Re: (erielack) logos

I have not seen an EL box or gon in years. The last I remember of them was
about 1992 or so, when Agway in Binghamton would get wheat in box cars.
There were still a few Erie boxes remaining in this service, and they would
show up on a regular basis. I'm sure there are still a few repainted EL cars
out there, but I'll bet the Erie cars are long gone.

Coal hoppers are another story: there seem to be plenty of them around, and
they turn up rather frequently, often as idler cars surrounding the new NJT
cars coming from Hornell, and occasionally as a block in ballast service.
There was a string of them stretched out across the Chenango River bridge in
Binghamton not long ago-enough so that if you saw them from Court St, you'd
think it was an EL train. All you could see were EL hoppers. I half expected
to get out to Jarvis St, look over from Main, and see a pair of SDP 45's
starting to pull at West BD.....well, this is the home of Rod Serling, it
ain't the Twilight Zone for nothing!!

Tom B