Re: (erielack) U34CH sound

Bill,

That's interesting that they were restricted to 55 through the Oranges,
since that was one of the few fairly long stretches of tangent track on the
line.

Chuck

                      bill guimes
                      <vze3fhdr_@_verizo
                      n.net>           To:     "Montgomery, Edward T" <Edward.Montgomery_@_fcps.edu>
                                       cc:     donald kern <doubletrack_@_comcast.net>
                      08/02/2005 07:30         "Tupaczewski, Paul R \(Paul\)" <paultup_@_lucent.com>
                      PM                       Lederer73_@_aol.com
                                               s.kay4_@_verizon.net
                                               Charles_Walsh_@_Berlex.com
                                               erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
                                               Re: (erielack) U34CH sound

If I remember correctly, no, there were no blanket speed restrictions.

             OOPS!!. Seem to remember that the U boats were restricted to
55 through
the Oranges. I don't remember when the speed restriction was lifted.

             On the Gladstone line, all Diesels were restricted to 10 MPH
over Hog
Back Bridge, and there was a through girder bridge over a stream west of
B'ville that had a 10 MPH (IIRC) for Diesels also.

             They weighed around 385,000 pounds.

             Bill

Montgomery, Edward T wrote:
> Did the U34's have to run slower than the MU's on lighter rail?  I know
> they were very heavy locos.
>
> Ed Montgomery

Be a Locomotive Engineer:
Its the most fun you can have with 3000 HP