Re: (erielack) Logos

I must agree that Erie's four-characters within the diamond and circle (and
let's not forget the wings) really made a statement. Once you saw it, you
didn't forget it.

DL&W did a neat job on their rolling stock, "LACKAWANNA" in white letters
that could be seen from a distance. Plain, conservative, but sure did stand out.
And on the same side, "Route of the Phoebe Snow". Said it all.

Also can't count out D&H as we mentioned. Real bold yet subtle at the same
time while the lightning bolts seemed to repesent strength.

I also like today's CPRail, white on a red background. You sure know who they
are even if it's not what I would consider "classic".

New Haven comes to mind in later days with the N above the H done in orange,
black and white. Strong looking even if they were in dire straights.

I also agree that the EL diamond with a broken EL not only looked classic but
let us know that it was two who became one. They married but kept a degree of
indivuality. I think to this day, the EL logo would hold it's own weight
covering 2005 power.

Now here's a question. If we look at the different regions of North America,
who do you think stood out/stands out? MoPac's eagle? B&O's "Capitol logo"?
Santa Fe which looked real bold?

For starters, I'd go with Southern Pacific's single track heading into the
orange sun.

Rick

End of EL List Daily V3 #1730