RE: (erielack) questions about Erie steam locomotives

Schuyler,

Thanks for the more in depth explanation.

Still, however technically incorrect my terminology might have been. In the
Huntington, IN roundhouse (According to my paternal greatgrandfather's
stories, passed down) the wheels ahead of the drivers are the leading truck
and the ones behind the drivers are the trailing truck, no matter what the
builder called it. After all, Lima, Alco & Baldwin (EMD, FM & GE) only built
it. It was the 'Erie Men', who made it live.

The 'assembled' comes from the S2-S4 trucks being completely built-up
(bolted, riveted, whatever), while the main assembly of the S1's was one
cast piece.

Never realized the difference in the drawbar arrangement... Learn something
new, every day.

Michael Dye, ELHS #1516