Re: (erielack) Latest Cutoff funding actually looks respectable

- --- BPRutter_@_aol.com wrote:
> Speaking of the Cutoff, does anyone know what condition it is in for
> hiking or biking?  My son and I hiked parts of it probably 6 years ago,
> but I haven't been back since.

I cycled from Andover to Greendell a few weeks ago.  The surfaced is
generally good, but there are a number of humpy-bumpy areas where ATV's
have made their marks.  Without ATV traffic, it would likely be
impassible.

> With all the interest in re-opening it, has there been more of an effort

> to keep people off of it?

Saw nobody else.  The bridge at Greendell was removed years ago and the
r-o-w is fenced on both sides, but easily circumvented.

> Has there been trimming of trees which would have the (probably
> unintended) effect of making it easier to walk/ride on?

Definitely NOT!!!  You can barely see US 206 at Andover!

> I would love to be able to hike or bike the whole thing before they
start
> construction (I know, that may well leave me lots of time..).  I would
> be grateful for any insights people have on it.

Me too.  There are few easy access points.  Andover, Greendell, Johnson,
Blairstown...  Parking nearby is a problem at all.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey

http://www.geocities.com/gkazin/index.html