Re: (erielack) RE: U34CH sound

The U34s, If I remember correctly, had a four position ECS switch: Start,
Freight, Passenger Standby, and Passenger Run.

To run in freight mode just required the engineer to move the switch to
freight.

Going to Passenger Run required the engineer to move the switch from start
or freight to passenger run, wait for the engine to idle up, then push the
appropriate buttons to light up the train.

If the engine was in Passenger Standby, the hotel power would have be shut
down before moving the switch to Passenger Run.

Steve
- --
Running trains over Transitıs torturous
³Mountain Division²