RE: (erielack) RE: U34CH sound

So, if that Mexican unit still survives, an engineer in the Yucatan could
still throw the switch, throw 're into notch 8 and knock the needles off of
the cacti.

                      "Tupaczewski, Paul
                      R (Paul)"
                      <paultup_@_lucent.com To:     "'Charles_Walsh@berlex.com'" <Charles_Walsh@Berlex.com>
                      >                           "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com>
                      Sent by:            cc:     erielack_@_railfan.net
                      erielack-owner_@_list         erielack-owner@lists.elhts.org
                      s.elhts.org                 Todd Hollritt <thollritt_@_yahoo.com>
                                                  RE: (erielack) RE: U34CH sound
                      08/02/2005 10:47 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "Tupaczewski, Paul
                      R (Paul)"

>> Were all U34s equipped as such?
>
> This was very simple. There was a four-way switch in the cab. I don't
> remember all the positions exactly, but one of the positions
> was "Passenger
> Run" and the other was "Freight Run."  That's all there was
> to it - turn a
> switch!

Yup, all U34CH's were identical mechanically and control-wise.