RE: (erielack) August Calendar Pix

All,

My brother worked Chester, New York during 61 or 62 and had the pleasure of counting heads of cattle that emerged from the bowels of Erie wooden stock cars.  The cars were unloaded at 5:00 am daily.  I don't know who set them out or what train picked them up.

He said it really got messy when the cattle vacated the cars.  Stuff was flying everywhere.

Rich Pennisi

Schuyler Larrabee <schuyler.larrabee_@_verizon.net> wrote:

> The image DOES show that the Erie stock cars made it to at
> least 1962. When were they sold to the Pennsy?
> - Paul

Those stock cars aren't the steel cars, if I remember the photo clearly from work. I don't have it
here at home. I'm also interested that the wood-sided cars lasted that long.

I don't know the date of the sale to the PRR.

SGL