From: erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org
[mailto:erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org]On Behalf Of Lederer73@aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 6:32 PM
To: vze3fhdr_@_verizon.net; s.kay4@verizon.net
Cc: paultup_@_lucent.com; Charles_Walsh@Berlex.com;
erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Subject: Re: (erielack) U34CH sound

Ok..
12.
On a cold Winters day, sitting on the big heater enclosure next to the
control stand in the cab, with the house style vent blowing blowtorch hot
air up
at you.. If you were laying in an ice bath, that heater would COOK you in 5
mins..Damn near paint peelin hot..
13.
Feeling the lateral motion of the worn outness of them later on...
14.
Hanging your head out the window in 8th notch uphill by Chester Jct and
hearing the traction motors purring.
15.Looking back leaving Lake Hopatcong Station and seeing black smoke  and
flame, rocketing up from the stack, like you could never imagine.
16. Looking back at the running boards 8th notch over stick rail and seeing
all the rusty engine compartment doors chattering..
17.
Best of all.. In the midst of full throttle, with the roar of the  U34,
Looking over my right shoulder seeing Veteran Lackawanna engineers,  who
happen to
be looking over their left shoulders, smiling back at  me, knowing I was
having the time of my life :-)

- -Pat