RE: (erielack) EL Motive power arrangements

Joel-

Actually the U34CH's were Dark Blue, Platinum Mist for the Wide Band and
red striping, logos and lettering.  They were owned by New Jersey
Department of Transportation and not the Erie Lackawanna.  Comparable to
the Erie Lackawanna's U33C/U36C's except for their passenger use/equipment,
they were thought to be used on weekends for freight runs to supplement the
other U-Boats.  As noted in other emails, this did not work out.  Here is a
cuple of pictures of these U34CH's:

http://www.20thcenturyhobbies.com/trainnut/ELmainpage/EL3361.jpg
http://www.20thcenturyhobbies.com/trainnut/ELmainpage/EL3370U34CHatHobokenMU
shed3-77.JPG