(erielack) August Calendar Pix

The ABBA set of FA's pulling out of Hornell got me to thinking that Lionel actually did model the FA pretty accurately for the way they made their models.  The FA was kind of a stubby looking locomotive lacking some of the glamour the PA exhibited.  The picture was pre William White in 1962 with money draining away from the EL everywhere.  The only thing they could afford to do at this time was stick the E-L decal over the Erie diamond.  Thinking back on what I now know, I'm surprised the EL actually made it to the mid 1960s.

Ed Montogmery