Re:Re: (erielack) Slgihtly off-topic...

Well, you folks are right about one thing -- this is certainly off-topic.
It has been beaten to death on other forums with no appreciable effect on the "culprits"; it is bleeding and whimpering on this forum; and it has absolutely nothing to do with the history of the Erie, the Lackawanna or the Erie Lackawanna Railroads.

It may or may not be important and worthy of discussion.  Many other topics come to mind:  stem-cell research; the war in Iraq; abortion rights; or the number of teen-age navels or boxer shorts visible at any given moment -- all perhaps worthy of discussion, but not here.

Discussing this issue here is pointless.  Nobody is going to change anybody's mind.  Besides, you're all saying pretty much the same thing, over and over, and dragging all the previous messages along to boot.

Back to Erie, DL&W and EL, please.

Randy Brown
One thing that I have not seen mentioned is the copyright of these logo's. In order to maintain the trademarks they must be used.  If they are left dormant too long then they may be lost.  I think, truth be told, this is UP's way of simply maintaining there trademarks.  I seriously doubt they have a lot of concern for the railroad enthusiasts.  I could be wrong, would be the first time, but I bet it's a legal move to ensure trademarks are kept in place.

Tim